:: Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (HCERA) ::
The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (HCERA) passed the House on March 21, 2010, and the Senate on March 25, 2010. HCERA was signed by the President on March 30, 2010. It combines revised portions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) with the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act (SAFRA), which amends the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA). Among other things, HCERA revokes the authority to originate or insure new federal loans under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) after June 30, 2010 and increases the mandatory funds for Pell Grant maximum awards.
This list includes links to bill and law texts, Congressional reports, Dear Colleague Letters, Electronic Announcements, letters from ED and the Federal Register.
- Public Law 111-152 / HCERA Bill / H.R. 4872 PDF
- Dear Colleague Letters
- DCL GEN-10-13 (external link) – Temporary authority for the consolidation of loans in an in-school status
- DCL GEN-10-10 (external link) – Guidance about June 30 deadline for FFELP loan processing
- GEN-10-06 (external link) – Support for schools transitioning to Direct Loans
- GEN-10-05/P-10-02 (external link) – Enactment of the student aid provisions of HCERA
icon indicates a link to an external website.